This position receives, stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shelf or to other designated areas.
2. Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as type, parts, series, or product.
3. File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to assembly or to designated storage area.
4. Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
5. Open bales, crates and other containers.
6. Record amounts of materials or items received and stocked for foreman review.
7. Assist in counting of physical inventory.
8. Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
9. Wear the proper safety equipment.
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Organizational Skills.
3. Mathematical Skills.
4. Technical Capacity.
6. Time Management
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and forklifts. Shop conditions consist of dirt/dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Expected to work between 40-60 hours a week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. This is an entry level position.
Responsible for stocking parts in correct location, starting with manufactured parts, vendor items, then parts listed on the foreman’s stock list. Responsible for reviewing stock list provided by foreman. Must be able to correctly document stock locations, parts, and time throughout the day for foreman review. Must have the knowledge to navigate software system by being able to confirm part locations and label/tag maintenance accurately. Must maintain the flow of the stocking and condensing lanes, and properly condense parts into crates.
Responsible for clean-up and maintaining warehouse and mezzanine appearance, this includes but is not limited to: sweeping, emptying the trash and cardboard container, zone checks, maintain parts organization, formation, and rotation.
Supply assembly department with required parts. Assist assembly department with various duties.
Assist with pulling parts for manufacturing and porting use.
Assist shipping department with packing and shipping pumps.
Assist with condensing raw castings.
Assist with adjusting part locations, as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.