The maintenance worker position conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service. The position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
2. Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
3. Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
4. Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
5. Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
6. Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
7. Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
8. Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
9. Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
10. Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
11. Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
12. Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work areas.
13. Performs routine maintenance on building interior and exterior.
14. Works in a safe manner and recognizes unsafe situations.Takes appropriate action to ensure the safety of themselves and others in building
1. Ethical Conduct.
3. Problem Solving/Analysis.
4. Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Shop conditions consist of dirt/dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with overtime. Employees work between 40-60 hours a week.
No travel required
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience (Not Required)
Previous maintenance work in a manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.