The machine operator position operates multiple machines throughout manufacturing process under supervision and direction of manufacturing foreman and superintendent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Performs typical machine shop operations to support the manufacturing and assembly floor.
2. Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department foreman.
3. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
4. Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. charts.
5. Must be able to perform but not limited to the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, taping, de-burring, and all bench operations and inspect.
6. Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
7. Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with overtime. Expected to work 40-60 hours a week.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED
Some machining knowledge/background.
Operate a variety of departmental machines such as gear shaper, mills, broach, hobbing, gear shaver, saw, CNC machines, horizontal boring machine, tracer mill, multi-spindle drill, horizontal milling machine or others after set up made by set up person.
Following standardized operating procedures, methods and practices to operate various machines. Load part, operate machine controls to hold tolerances and unload at conclusion of machining cycle.
Lubricate machine as needed. Detect any operational problems and report to supervisor.
Responsible for keeping work area clean.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.